This website and associated service provides users (registered only or fully subscribed) with the required network
and other services necessary to facilitate their remote access to their own (leased or owned) consumer electronics
systems, specifically placeshifting and related services.
This service provides a placeshifting (or “spaceshifting”) service via its online platform, to enable users to access
and to control their own personally allocated and remotely situated reception apparatus on a one to one or exclusive
basis. Transponder’s service using the Spaceshifting technology offers identical services to those offered by
Slingbox, TV2Me, Sony's Location Free Player, HDHomeRun, and others instead employing advanced processes utilising
cloud processing and IAAS (Infrastructure as a Service) technology. Further information is available here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_shifting
In using these services, either as a subscriber or having registered for any trial of the service, you agree to adhere
to the terms and conditions detailed herein and as supplemented or amended from time to time, of which due notice
to all users will be provided.
Service to be provided
- Users will be provided with network connectivity and access to their own managed placeshifting facility from
wherever they are, which will be pre-tuned from inception to the most popular free to air channels.
- The operation of such facilities is licensed where required in the United Kingdom, and responsibility for any
licensing requirements within the territory in which the user is situated rests with each user.
- Access to such services will be made available to the designated account holder and those members of his/her
household to which they may grant access. Simultaneous use of multiple IP addresses will be detected and
the use of which will constitute grounds to summarily withdraw service.
- We do not and will not facilitate access to content which is encrypted or otherwise secured for commercial or
the protection of rights.
- The use of this service is not permitted within the United Kingdom.
- The use of this service is not permitted in such areas where use may otherwise be restricted by regional law.
- The hosting and operation of reception apparatus within the United Kingdom is subject to national TV licensing
legislation, with which we comply as per our obligations.
- UK TV licensing law does not apply to those residing outside of the national borders.
- Whereas we are unaware of any specific regional obligations arising from the use of placeshifting technology,
it remains the user’s individual and personal responsibility to ensure that they fully comply with the law
in the region in which they are situated.
- We do not stream content, broadcast, rebroadcast copy or distribute any content to any person or to any public,
which is an act restricted by law exclusively to the rights holders of such content. We provide the means
for individuals to access their own reception equipment for the purpose of watching their own privately delivered
content by means of placeshifting.
- Accordingly, this service is provided strictly for private and personal use, and may not be resold, hired. lent
or used in any manner to which third parties may have access (intentionally or otherwise), used commercially
or within such an environment or used for any other purpose.
- Data processing involves the collection, use, retention, handling and related actions of any information which
could personally identify an individual user.
- No financial information is collected or stored by this website and related service. Payment processing (credit
cards, banking information, etc) is handled by fully accredited independent specialists employing industry
standard secure encryption. and to whom any individual enquiries should be addressed. Links to enable you
to directly contact payment processors are provided for your convenience.
- We do not share any personal data with any third parties, neither do we retain any data that could identify the
physical location of individual users.
- All users have the absolute right to view any personal data held on them relating to themselves, subject to our
reasonable ability to confirm the eligibility of the person seeking access to such information. This is a
necessary security precaution to protect the confidentiality of individual users.
- All users also have the right to correct any error or to request deletion of their account altogether (commonly
known as the “right to be forgotten”) . However historical accounting records (e.g. invoices and receipts,
but not credit card or bank details) and such other information that may be necessary for the prevention
and detection of criminal or fraudulent activity, the civil recovery of debt or could affect the user’s eligibility
to future service offers (e.g. trial access or discounted service) may be preserved.
- Services provided by this website fall into two categories, introductory subscriptions which are limited in nature
and are offered for a trial period to first time users, and full subscriptions for those who have subscribed
to the full range of services.
- Those who register for a trial subscription will receive a restricted service, which does not include reserved
channel capacity and service may occasionally therefore suffer from network congestion according to demand.
This does not generally apply to those who subscribe to the full service, who are allocated guaranteed network
bandwidth and should always experience a more reliable service at all times.
- There may be other restrictions in place from time to time, including limitations which may be imposed by third
parties such as our associated cloud recording providers. This is not a matter over which we have any control.
- We cannot guarantee broadcast availability, which may from time to time be affected temporarily by extreme weather
conditions, power cuts, technical failure on the part of the broadcaster concerned or other unforeseeable
- Similarly, we obviously cannot control the content of broadcasts or the suitability of any particular content
for any specific category of audience. Users are asked to bear particular attention to the suitability of
content accessible by children, as would be expected of any adult responsible for their supervision and protection.
- For the reasons above, all users must be of 18 years of age or older, or otherwise accompanied by a responsible
adult when accessing content over which we have no control.
- Users are permitted by law to make recordings in their own homes for the purpose of viewing at a more convenient
time. This service is not provided by ourselves but by independent cloud based intermediaries and activated,
for the convenience of users, through an integrated link within the TV guide and Now/Next sections of the
site. We do not, however, have any control over, neither do we physically record or store any content. Accordingly
the facility to record is provided as is, and without liability on our part.
- There are limitations to the storage capacity that is available to users, Registered trial users will receive
limited storage capacity. which will cease to be available on the expiry of any trial period.
- Full subscribers are provided with adequate storage capacity sufficient for most purposes. Supplemental storage
at modest additional cost will be made available for those requiring it.
- We therefore recommend that users curate their own personal storage prudently, and our providers will be introducing
the means by which users will be able to download their own recordings to their computer hard drives, memory
sticks, DVDs and portable devices for viewing whilst travelling.
- Users are reminded that they must never sell, hire or otherwise make available such recorded content to third
- It is obviously our hope that we meet or ideally exceed your expectations of us.
- There are many factors that affect the delivery of satisfactory services, and not all of those lie within our
- It is important to our relationship with users and their relationship with ourselves that problems are speedily
resolved. However we reserve the right to summarily withdraw service in the event that users do not cooperate
in resolving any issues or resort to public disparagement of our services on forums or through social media
without giving reasonable opportunity to resolve any problems and providing opportunity for our response.
- A poor internet service in the user’s area is one cause of problems, another is limited or overcrowded wi-fi
availability (too many users on the same domestic network sharing one individual internet connection), other
people streaming or gaming within the same household, changes in policy by local ISPs or reliance on sometimes
unreliable 3G/4G services.
- The quality of the display of the placeshifted TV channels may vary from computer to computer, and device to
device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as the location, the bandwidth available through
and/or speed of the Internet connection. The minimum connection speed for reliable SD quality is 1 Mbps.
HD availability is subject to the Internet service and device capabilities. Not all TV channels are available
in HD and not all subscription plans allow you to receive HD content. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps
per stream is recommended to receive HD content, which is defined as 720p or better.
- Note that you are responsible for all Internet access charges, including roaming and other charges on 3G/4G.
- Please check with your Internet provider for information. The purpose in offering a first time free trial is
to enable users to both try out the service on offer without commitment and to test out for themselves the
capacity of their equipment and their local network conditions to ensure satisfactory operation in their
location. We urge all users to take full advantage of any free trial, and to ensure that they are satisfied
before entering into any financial commitments.
Changes to the Service
- We may update the Service from time to time and may change the content or services provided at any time. However,
please note that any of the content on the Service may be out of date at any given time and we are under
no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that the Service, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- Accessing the service where provided and on a discretionary basis, Transponder FREE Service is made available
without charge. We do not guarantee that the Service, or any content on it, will always be available or be
- Access to the Service is permitted on a temporary and discretionary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue
or change all or any part of the Service without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the
Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Service.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Service through the internet connection
- The Transponder membership may start with a trial. The Trial Period of the membership lasts for 7 or more Days,
or as otherwise specified during sign-up and is intended to allow new members and certain former members
to try the service before committing to any subscription.
- The Transponder membership service will continue month-to-month until terminated. Unless you cancel the membership
before the monthly renewal date, you authorize us to charge the next month's membership fee to the Payment
Method (see "Cancellation" below).
- To use the Transponder service you must have Internet access and a Transponder Supported Device, and you must
provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment, which you may update from time to time ("Payment
- You can find specific details regarding the membership with Transponder by visiting the website and clicking
on the "My Account" link available at the top of the pages of the www.Transponder.tv website (the “Transponder
- We will bill the Payment Method for the monthly membership fee in advance at the end of the trial period unless
you cancel the membership prior to the end of the trial period. To view the monthly membership price and
end date of the trial period, visit the Transponder Website and click the "Billing" link on the "My Account"
page. You will not receive a notice from us that the paid membership has begun.
- Not all channels are available during the free trial period.
- Billing Cycle: The membership fee for the service will be billed in advance on a monthly basis to the Payment
Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of the paid membership. In some cases, the timing
of the billing may change, for example, if the Payment Method has not successfully settled. Visit the Transponder
Website and click on the "Billing " link on the "My Account" page to see the next payment date.
- Payment Methods. You can change the Payment Method by visiting the Transponder Website and clicking on the "My
Account" link. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise,
and you do not change the Payment Method or cancel the account, we may suspend the access to the service
until we have obtained a valid Payment Method. You authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as
it may be updated and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. This may result in a change to
the payment billing dates. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of the Payment Method may charge you a
foreign transaction fee or other charges.
- Cancellation: You can cancel the Transponder membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to
the service through to the end of the monthly billing period, except if you are in the Trial Period, in which
case we may end the access to the service immediately. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month
membership periods or unwatched TV channels. To cancel, go to the "My Account" page on the Transponder Website
and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel the membership, the account will automatically
close at the end of the current billing period. To see when the account will close, click "Billing " on the
"My Account" page. If you signed up for Transponder using the account with a third party (for example, using
an online store or retailer ) as a Payment Method and wish to cancel the Transponder membership at any time,
including during the Trial Period, you may need to do so through such third party, for example by visiting
the account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from the Transponder
service through that third party. You may also find billing information about the Transponder membership
by visiting the account with the applicable third party.
- Changes to the Price and Service Plans. We may change the service plans and the price of the service from time
to time; however, any price changes or changes to the service plans will apply to you no earlier than 1 month
following email notice to you.
- All Transponder software is developed by, or for, Transponder and is designed to enable spaceshifting of your
content from Transponder through Transponder Supported Devices. This software may vary by device and medium,
and functionalities may also differ between devices.
- You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third party licenses.
You agree that you will automatically receive updated versions of the Transponder and related third-party
Passwords & Account Access
- The member who created the Transponder account and whose Payment Method is charged (the "Account Owner") has
access and control over the Transponder account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone
from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account
Owner should not reveal the password nor the Payment Method details (e.g., last few digits of their credit
or debit card, or their email address if they use PayPal) associated with the account to anyone. You are
responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to the
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information.
Providing the information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft.
- Always access the sensitive account information by going directly to the Transponder Website and not through
a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official.
- We can terminate the account or place the account on hold to protect you, Transponder or the partners from identity
theft or other fraudulent activity.
- If the Transponder Supported Device is sold, lost or stolen, please deactivate the Transponder Supported Device.
If you fail to log out or deactivate the device, subsequent users may access the Transponder service through
the account and may be able to access certain of the account information and for which you may still be charged.
- To deactivate a device, follow the instructions on the "My Account" page.
- Transponder does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for TV channels.
- To find more information about the service and its features or if you need assistance with the account, please
visit the Transponder Help Center on the website (www.Transponder.tv/support).
- In certain instances, Customer Service may best be able to assist you by using a remote access support tool through
which we have full access to the computer. If you do not want us to have this access, you should not consent
to support through the remote access tool, and we will assist you to the best of our ability through other
- In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and information provided by Customer Support
or other portions of the website, these Terms and Conditions will take preference.
Limitations of Liability
- Trial users are provided with service subject to limitations and on an “as is” basis.
- Subscribers are provided with a package that will include an element of storage capacity provided by third party
cloud storage providers.
- We do not accept liability for failed, corrupted or inaccessible recordings or alterations to schedule or any
misdescription of content on the part of the broadcaster.
- Liability in any event is limited to the amount paid, one month in the case of monthly subscriptions, 12 months
in the case of annual subscribers, net of any discounted or used period.
Withdrawal of Service
We reserve the right to summarily withdraw service at any time in the event of
- Fraudulent financial activity or persistent payment irregularity (including non payment)
- Any suspected commercial or other infringing use, including the loan, sale or rental of any content accessed
through use of this service.
- Disparagement on any public forum, social networking site or other such service which, in our sole opinion, is
calculated to cause reputational damage, technical disruption or economic harm to this service (including
publication of any security flaws, sharing of login details or work-arounds, etc).
Such withdrawal being without prejudice to our rights to pursue other remedies.
- If a Clause of this Agreement is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable,
the other Clauses of this Agreement will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable term or clause would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted,
that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the Clause will continue in effect (unless that would
contradict the clear intention of the parties, in which case the entirety of the relevant Clause will be
deemed to be deleted).
- This agreement forms a contract between the User and Ourselves and will be governed by and construed in accordance
with the laws of New Zealand, whose exclusive jurisdiction will apply in the event of any dispute.